Our Vision Statement
This school works to provide a caring, secure and structured environment in which children are taught a wide range of academic and social skills. We aim to achieve this by seeking to stimulate in each child an interest and enthusiasm for learning and the confidence to manage change.
A love of learning is established through a positive and stimulating environment.
This means we:
- celebrate success.
- have fun and ensure our pupils want to come to school.
- empower our children by developing a ‘can-do’ approach to learning so that they feel able to take risks and have-a-go.
- boost self-confidence and develop self-belief by valuing effort as well as achievement.
- deliver a creative and imaginative curriculum tailored to the needs and interests of our children.
- craft a thematic approach to learning, taking ownership of the curriculum to enhance the opportunities available for the children.
Socially and academically everyone experiences success resulting in all children achieving to their fullest potential.
This means we:
- expect children to do their best.
- value pre-school education and ensure leavers are well prepared for KS3 and beyond.
- lead by example and set ourselves high expectations in order that we may ask the same of our children.
- provide a safe and stimulating environment that motivates children to work and learn.
- provide challenge and support when responding to children’s learning needs.
- value each child as an individual with a potential unique to him or herself.
- enable each child to experience success and to manage difficulties.
- teach children how to learn.
All children are equipped to take their place in society through learning about values and respect.
This means we:
- expect children to join in and do the right thing at the right time.
- have an open-door policy and exemplify ‘working together’ establishing an effective partnership with home and the local community.
- encourage children to see themselves as part of, and contributing to, society and the environment.
- value childhood as well as preparing for adult life.
- use the school as a learning environment for children, parents and staff.
- develop individuality and encourage children to accept others for theirs.
- provide a secure and caring environment that nurtures the development of the ‘whole-child.’
- encourage children to take responsibility for their own actions and provide them with positive role models.
- teach the core Christian values of tolerance and respect explicitly through RE and implicitly through our own expectations and example.
Our School Ethos
The school prides itself on being ‘a village school in a town setting’ and this pervades the ethos giving the school a strong community identity of openness and positive relationships. Parental comments refer to the strong and caring ethos. Visitors regularly comment positively on the atmosphere in school.
We have Golden Rules to which we expect everyone to adhere:
- We are gentle – we don’t hurt others.
- We are kind and helpful – we don’t hurt anybody’s feelings.
- We listen – we don’t interrupt.
- We are honest – we don’t cover up the truth.
- We work hard – we don’t waste our own or others’ time.
- We look after property – we don’t waste or damage things.