Our Vision Statement
We are "A Church school community aspiring for all to live life to the full"
- encourage children to see themselves as part of, and contributing to, society and the environment
- Involving all groups directly (eg staff, governors, children & parents) and indirectly (eg local businesses, charities and residents) related to school in its activities and decision making
- Inviting visitors, and outreach - visit places
- use the school as a learning environment for children, parents and staff
- teach the core Christian values of tolerance and respect explicitly through RE and implicitly through our own expectations and example
- wanting the best for our children and families
- expect children to do their best.
- value pre-school education and aim for leavers to be well prepared for KS3 and beyond.
- lead by example and set ourselves high expectations in order that we may ask the same of our children.
- provide a safe and stimulating environment that motivates children to work and learn.
- provide challenge and support when responding to children’s learning needs.
- value each child as an individual with a potential unique to him or herself.
- enable each child to experience success and to manage difficulties.
- teach children how to learn.
- provide opportunities and experiences that enable all to think about future possibilities and raise ambitions
'Life to the full' means:
- getting involved in a broad range of experiences and activities (in and out of school)
- applying skills, knowledge and understanding to actively participate
- having resilience to overcome difficulties to achieve ambitions
Our School Ethos
The school prides itself on being inclusive and having a 'family feel’ and this pervades the ethos giving the school a strong community identity of openness and positive relationships. Parental comments refer to the strong and caring ethos. Visitors regularly comment positively on the warm welcome and friendly atmosphere in school.
We have Golden Rules to which we expect everyone to adhere:
- We are gentle – we don’t hurt others.
- We are kind and helpful – we don’t hurt anybody’s feelings.
- We listen – we don’t interrupt.
- We are honest – we don’t cover up the truth.
- We work hard – we don’t waste our own or others’ time.
- We look after property – we don’t waste or damage things.